Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2000, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 29 Sep 2000 19:13:07 -0400
From:         "Karl F. Bloss" <bloss@ENTER.NET>
Subject:      Busses by the Trail update/schedule
Comments: To: pavanagon@egroups.com

Only 2 weeks to go! So far we have 16 vehicles signed up, but I suspect a few folks are holding out until they know what the weather will be like (hmph!

Fair-weather bussers ;-)

For those who are as yet clueless, here's the web page with all the info:

http://www.enter.net/~bloss/vw/bbtt

Here's what things look like in terms of a tentative schedule:

Schedule:

Friday

Stop by Ken Swan’s (gold ’86 Syncro Westy) site to get your goody bag. No formal activities are scheduled for tonight, so just get set up, have dinner, and hang out at the pavilion or fire ring. Please sign our register if you’d like to be on our mailing list for next year.

Saturday

11:00 AM – We will start lining up for a caravan. You should have a map in your bag (if not, see Karl). If you have a CB, tune it to channel 17. We will stop at a gas station first. Then we’ll head to a farm stand to pick up local produce and pumpkins. Bring your picnic lunch and a blanket because we’ll be stopping at Clover Hill Vineyards for a picnic and wine tasting.

If you choose not to go on the caravan, there’s plenty of other stuff to do in the area. Check the campground office for brochures, but suggestions include Hawk Mountain Sanctuary, WK&S steam railroad, Crystal Cave in Kutztown, and factory outlet shopping in Reading.

6:00 PM - Potluck supper in the main pavilion and/or outside. We'll provide hamburgers and hot dogs. Around this time of year, hot foods are always appreciated. After dinner, we’ll have a campfire (bring your marshmallows) and some prizes and stuff to give away.

Sunday

9:00 AM – Pancake breakfast. We provide the pancakes. You provide your own plates, utensils, coffee and other breakfast foods. Larry and Avery Johnson are bringing homemade Canadian maple syrup again.

11:00 AM – Harvest Hike for Hope: The campground is sponsoring a hike to Pulpit Rock as a benefit for the Multiple Sclerosis Foundation since one of their staff has MS. They ask for a $15 donation per group, so if everyone kicks in a few bucks, you get munchies at the camp store and other goodies. Then strap on your boots and take in some nice foliage scenery up on a portion of the Appalachian Trail.

-Karl

Karl & Kristina Bloss, Trexlertown, PA '00 Wannabusser "Julia" '87 Weekender "Bev" - 201K Miles http://www.enter.net/~bloss/vw - vanagon@makarov.com VW Shop List: http://www.enter.net/~bloss/vw/vwshops PA/NJ/DE/MD area VW bus "group" http://www.enter.net/~bloss/vw/pavanagon LINUX - for IQs higher than 98