Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 4 Oct 2000 13:39:50 +0100
From:         Peter Cassidy <pcassidy@APPLE.COM>
Subject:      Re: Complaint concerning Bus Depot

> >One aspect of said training is on how to deal with irate customers. Thing >is, an irate customer can be turned around in about 30 seconds, once you >know how. > >Then the irate customer is your most loyal and happy customer, because he >was the customer in greatest need of assistance - which you can always give >him.

Fact is, I've had this experience from Bus Depot. I know I've told this story hundreds of times before but anyways ....

I ordered a set of rings from BD last year for my engine rebuild. BD sent out the wrong ones. There I was with a half-built engine (my daily driver) and no rings. Got on the phone to Ron. He apologised for the error & immediately got on to a local parts distributor. I had the correct rings the next day. No questions asked, no messing around. BD paid for the return of the incorrect parts & all was well again.

Mistakes occur & it's when they do that you can tell the bad traders from good. IMO, Ron and Bus Depot are good guys. They turn over a phenomenal volume of stuff & mail it out to all parts of the world. Of course they'll have glitches & when they do I've found that they always do the right thing.

I've bought tons of stuff from Ron over the last few years & have never regretted it. I'm now living in Ireland & still dealing with BD. And now that I've just (horror of horrors!! 8-)) picked up a '71 Westy, I intend to continue dealing with BD. They're the best!

Just IMNSHO!

>Marshall Ruskin >Winnipeg, Manitoba

Pete C (back in the US next weekend!)

-- Peter Cassidy, pcassidy@apple.com Sr. Dev. Engineer +353-21-284316 WW Operations Engineering Apple, Cork, Ireland.