Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 5 Oct 2000 20:16:52 -0400
From:         Dominique Cormann <ml@KOZMIK.GUELPH.ON.CA>
Subject:      Re: POR-15
Comments: To: Todd Guttman <tguttman@COLUMBUS.RR.COM>

I've had great luck with Por-15 on three different cars. The only times I've had a little rust come back ( and it wasn't really rust so much as the brown stain that indicates the presence of rust ), was because I didn't apply enough. The brush strokes themselves were still present in the layer or POR-15. The lines in the strokes were the area that didn't have enough paint, so the metal was still slightly exposed.

I applied it heavier, and the problem didn't re-appear.

I love the stuff. But it sure doesn't store well. It will dry no matter what. On those humid days when other paint won't dry, this stuff drys even quicker! It will glue shut jars as the paint dries to, so I have to wipe the jars before closing them.

You can even put your brushs into whatever solvent you have around, ( varsol etc...), and it will still dry!

Crazy stuff. Dries to a rubber like finish.

-- ============================================================--------- Dominique Cormann Email: dcormann@kozmik.guelph.on.ca Homepage: http://kozmik.guelph.on.ca