Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 1 Oct 2000 23:51:08 EDT
From:         Jeffrey R <Oxroad@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Westy Water Filler Solution!

FWIW I recently replaced the filler on my 83.5 from the keyed plug filler with this newer style "chute" style water tank filler as to the best of my knowledge it's the only one available. And they are outrageously expensive surprize, surprize. (my old one was missing the door)

Children get parental permission to continue reading:

That little drawer/ chute filler sucks!

The old one worked great with the keyed plug. Whether it was being filled straight from the hose, or even better with one on those add on RV water tank fillers from Wal Mart.Who came up with that little drawer. Was it Pete at Eruo-American RV parts? I saw we call him and find out. Make it a witch hunt. Even it it wasn't him. Just find somebody to blame like the cops do. I mean with what VW was charging for the Westy they had to save that $1 on the manufacture of the water filler? Or what am I saying they even still charge like $65 for that frigging filler door. They can't go for the extra expense of a filler that actually works without modification?

Thanks for listening.

And thanks Bill for the solution.

Jeff (still frustrated by the water pump/thermostat housing affair) 83.5 Westy NV