Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 5 Oct 2000 10:24:19 -0700
From:         Chris Fisher <Christopher.Fisher@ASU.EDU>
Subject:      Wrecked 84 GL in Mesa, AZ Interested?

Hello all I have not been on in some time but hope that I can help someone out -- not really interested in making cash just want some part of my van to live on!!!!! We just moved to the Phoenix area last month and brought our 84 GL from WI. Yesterday a young driver rear-ended my girlfriend (scaring her to death -- she is okay) wrecking the van in the process. I suspect -- though this is not confirmed, that the insurance company will total the van. If anyone in the area (Phoenix) is interested in the van they can have it for the salvage cost. I don't have a place to part it out so the person that nabs it will have to take the whole thing from the tow yard. It is

A 1984 blue GL (170,000 miles~), body was perfect (the van is a Washington State vehicle -- really mostly driven in WI during the summer for a couple of years -- minor rust on the seams). Now has front end damage and major rear end -- the bumper was crimped in half and the whole assembly was pushed against the flywheel. It will turn over but rubs so won't start. The exhaust is trashed, cat and muffler look like smashed tin cans. I have all paperwork/receipts for the van since it was driven off the lot, including the window sticker. Any advice re: dealing with the claims adjuster for the best price would be appreciated, I have never done this before.

It has; Working AC. Newish tires. Nice interior with all the seats (minus the carpet for the middle section). Engine/tranny (man.) ran great and did not leak or burn any oil

Not present;

No power anything (steering, locks, etc.) The exhaust is trashed Back hatch is probably trashed Bumpers/endcaps -- back mangled, not sure about the front

Really, everything on the van was in working order, including the factory clock

I also built a nice platform/storage unit that goes where the back/middle seat fit for camping -- you can remove it when you want and reinstall the seats -- takes about 15 min. This way you can lay a full size futon or mattress down for sleeping. It's ply with trims and a nice plywood floor -- someone should at least nab this!!

Boy, enumerating this has really made me sad, lots of great memories tied up in that van

Let me know if you are interested -- just send me an E-mail

Chris

[text/html]