Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 11 Oct 2000 14:45:41 -0400
From:         Karl Mullendore <thewestyman@MINDSPRING.COM>
Subject:      Re: complaints / Dansk Exhaust / Ford Purchase Recommendation

It's time for me to spew my 2 cents on this already sore subject.

Contrary to the opinion that Dansk parts are junk, I believe if you were to compare them to 'OEM' VW exhaust parts, you will be shocked to see that they are of the same quality. In fact, more than once I have received Dansk pieces FROM the dealer. And yes, more than once I have also had to 'persuade' the pipe to fit over the exhaust studs. This is a given, whether the pipes come from VW, Bus Depot, or where-the-heck ever! Machining/fabricating tolerances aren't ever exact on waterboxer pipes.

On to a solution: an easy one: bolt in place the side that uses bolts into the head, tighten down loosely, then use a large channel-lock pliers to lever the pipe over the studs of the opposite side. That's it, easy! No reason for all this banter and giving Ron grief, just suck it in and realize that seldom are parts 'perfect' in a non-perfect world.

Karl Mullendore Westy Ventures 1987 Syncro Westfalia 1.9TD

----- Original Message ----- From: Rico Sapolich <JKrevnov@AOL.COM>