Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 11 Oct 2000 13:40:28 -0700
From:         David O'Shea <DOShea@GEOMATRIX.COM>
Subject:      BMW List Recommendations? (No Vanagon)

Can anyone recommend any internet resources for BMW Autos comparable to this Vanagon list -- a mail list, Bulletin Board, whatever? I'm amazed at the range and depth of good advice that is served up daily on this Vanagon list and hope I can find it for BMWs.

WHY?: I recently bought my wife a used Ultimate Driving Machine (93' 525i touring) with low miles. In the past 2 months electrical gremlins have struck -- sunroof not functioning, rear window lock/opener not functioning, spurious "coolant level low" dashboard messages. None of the obvious causes (fuses, bad switches, bad/loose connections) appear to be at fault. A look at the Bentley manual diagrams and exploring the wiring reveal an electrical system closer to the Space Shuttle than the '83 Vanagon that I drive (and maintain). Before I take it dig any deeper (or take the car to professionals, $$$) I thought I'd see if advice is available in Cyberspace.

Or maybe I should just sell it and buy her 4 used Vanagons.