Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 12 Oct 2000 09:39:10 -0400
From:         "Anthony L. Mourkas" <frankenstein@TELPLUS.NET>
Subject:      Re: yet another VW-dealer-jerk story (long)

> Perhaps I should fax this email to them and tell them > THOUSANDS of people have seen what kind of jerks they are...

Unfortunately, while this approach would make us feel better, it probably wouldn't matter one wit to a less than scrupulous dealer. Why? Because most of us are not in a position to be their customers for cars, parts, or service.

The couple in question should try to bring their story to light in the local media (which may be disinclined to cover it for rea$on$ of maintaining good relation$ with their adverti$er$.) Perhaps also VW of Canada might be interested in this story, although if that dealer $ell$ a lot of car$...........

Fortunately, I have had nothing but good experiences with Darling's VW, the dealer here in Bangor, Maine. The guys at the parts counter bend over backwards to get me what I need. Yeah when we bought my wife's Jetta (used) it was a bit of a pain dealing with the salesman, but at least he didn't try anything shifty. And the service people cheerfully replaced a rear brake cylinder and the catalytic converter under the terms of the dealer warranty the (used) Jetta was purchased with. So not all VW dealers are scumbags.

I hope that the couple in this story finds a solution that they are reasonably happy with.

Tony

Anthony L. Mourkas Hampden, Maine, USA 1984 Vanagon Westfalia 1991 Jetta Eco Diesel 1991 Volvo 240 Sedan