Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 13 Oct 2000 08:40:48 -0400
From:         Gary Stearns <gstearns@SPRINTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Parts Questions for 89 Vanagon

When this leak happened to us, I found that the coolant was coming from a hairline crack in the plastic fitting, not the gasket. Got a new fitting from the dealer and surprise, it's not plastic anymore. Now it's very substantial metal. Along with it came a flat fiber washer rather than the original "O" ring. I think that you got one superceded part without the other. Better get the metal fitting.

Gary ----- Original Message ----- From: Tom Rehkugler <trehkugler@JUNO.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, October 12, 2000 3:25 PM Subject: Parts Questions for 89 Vanagon