Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 13 Oct 2000 07:39:35 -0500
From:         Darrell Boehler <midwesty@MIDWEST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Van hesitates--where to start troubleshooting?
Comments: To: Tim Marciniak <tmarcini@EXECPC.COM>

Hi Tim, Check the fuel pressure 30 psi idle 36 under load. vw provided an easy place to tap into the fuel ring, just remove the screw (top rear center of engine) and install a gauge with a 7mm hose and clamp. Or replace the fuel filter. Some replacement fuel pumps (rubber sleeve over the pump) have a small fuel inlet hole and can clog up at the inlet on late vans with no pre filter. Rust happens. Using gas with alcohol will remove moisture from the tank. It also cleans the injectors while you drive. The alcohol blended with gas is produced from corn. Lots of corn is raised in the usa. Using it helps both our farmers and the trade imbalance. Midwesty

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tim Marciniak" <tmarcini@EXECPC.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, October 12, 2000 9:50 PM Subject: Van hesitates--where to start troubleshooting?