Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Sat, 21 Oct 2000 09:51:10 -0000
From:   LA & Glen <lagcook@TELUSPLANET.NET>
Subject:   Re: Webasto auxiliary heater bbw 46
Comments:   To: jim&kim <ims14519@HOME.COM>

Jim & Kim,

I had one of these systems in my Syncro Westfalia. It was a great option once I had the unit serviced. They can heat the coolant up to operating temperature in about 15min. They are also are programmable for two preset times and will come on and heat up the interior of the van before you even get in it to start in the morning. The are really great for winter camping, and will maintain the interior temperature while the van is parked and the motor is turned off. Go to a facility that services these units. They are called fuel fired coolant pre-heaters. They are made by Webatso. They are very common on big rigs that are out west and those that go up north. The web sits is <http://www.webasto.com> I would strongly suggest that you go to facility that services these heaters. There are not common and not a lot of people are familiar with how they work and how to service them.

Cheers Glen -----Original Message----- From: jim&kim <ims14519@HOME.COM> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Date: Saturday, October 21, 2000 6:42 AM Subject: auxiliary heater bbw 46 Bentley list an auxiliary heater BBW 46 "optional equipment on vanagon Syncro models only sold in Canada" (page 82.20). If anybody is familiar with how this operates I'd appreciate a rundown or any leads where I could get more info on this system. Thanks, Jim

[text/html]