Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 16 Oct 2000 17:40:44 -0400
From:         Chris Stinson <chstinson@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Virginia source for VWs at I-64 Exit 91 ?

Several months ago, Daryl asked on this list...

>Being just north of Charlottesville, you're probably aware of that >place on I-64 at exit 91 (on the way to I-81) that has all the VWs >(vanagons, >westies, etc). > >Are you familiar with them? Can they be trusted? > >It seems like a VA vehicle would have less rust, etc., would this be a >place to go for one- there seems to be several. >

Dear Daryl,

This is a little embarrassing. I finally went to look at the place you described and (ha, ha) it turns out -- despite my earlier denial of knowledge about the place -- that I know the place reasonably well. I just don't pay attention to exit numbers on 'local' Interstates...

The VW vehicles, bodies, parts, etc. that you saw are at 'Nethken Associates', a shop run by Ken Nethken just outside of Fishersville, VA (540) 337-1777. Ken has worked on one of my Vanagons & I unhesitatingly recommend him as a knowledgable, hardworking, and honest mechanic. I think that would be a great place to buy parts or cars from; Ken will tell you exactly what you're getting.

Another Vanagon.com list member, Ed (A84Westy@aol.com), has talked with Ken and (I think) is going to have some work done there too.

Chris