Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 16 Oct 2000 20:30:31 -0400
From:         Bradley Flubacher <flubach@HOME.COM>
Subject:      Re: Oil Additive Suggested By Mechanic
Comments: To: TieDye <boomin@EPIX.NET>

I wonder if this product can be used with synthetic oils?

Brad

I've gotten a few inquiries about the oil additive suggested to me by a local mechanic. It's called Trans-Valve Fix, and has done wonders in my engine so far. I don't believe in the slick-50 type stuff, and was reluctant to try this. My mechanic has been working with volkswagens for quite some time, and due to the fact he owns 4 beetles, 2 buses, and a karman ghia of his own I trust his knowlege.

I had purchased my vanagon from an owner who had been running 5w30/10w40 in the van, and during the first hundred miles or so of my ownership I noticed a slight tap on occasion from the engine. I had stopped one afternoon to talk to him for a few moments and he immediately walked to the back of the van and listened to the engine for a few. He then gave me a bottle of the trans-valve fix, and told me to go threw this cycle.

change oil from 10w40 (it was already in the engine) to 20w50 add 1 bottle of trans-valve fix run van for 50-100 miles change oil again (20w50) and add 1 more bottle trans-valve fix.

so far, I am in the 50-100 mile space, but my gas mileage has improved, and the tap is completely gone. The product is available online, or if it is unavailable in your area I would be willing to purchase a few bottles to mail to listees. If you would like to try it please e-mail me your address and I will mail a bottle from here.

http://www.globalnovelties.com/auto/blastertvf.htm is the url to the product, I purchased clear plastic bottles (about half quart) for $5.75 +tax from a local auto parts store here. If interested let me know.

If anyone else has had an experience with this product, let me know!

Tie

TieDye 1984 VW Vanagon (1.9l) Owner

Http://www.VWTrek.Com - Webmaster Http://www.webtrek.org - Webmaster E-Mail - boomin@epix.net