Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 15 Oct 2000 09:37:34 -0700
From:         Eric Henry <erichenry12@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: Smaller sized Optima battery?

I'm halfway through the install today (got dark last night, ironically). I'm putting a deep cycle Optima yellow top in an 83 Westy as the 2nd battery.

Great directions at: http://www.vanagon.com/index.html

Not sure what kind of seats and swivel bases other installers have had, but I was able to simply spin my swivel plate around until the battery compartment was completely open. I did notice that the swivel base on the driver's side is black and the passenger's is the orange bus color. Replacement driver's swivel base?

Glad I bought the Optima with the side post option. I paid $145 for the battery at a local auto parts store here at North Lake Tahoe.

Where does everybody ground their second battery?

Good luck,

Eric Henry 83 Vanagon, as yet unnamed but am considering "The Great Pumpkin"

---------- >From: Phil Walker <pwalker@NEXTDIMENGINEERING.COM> >To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM >Subject: Smaller sized Optima battery? >Date: Sat, Oct 14, 2000, 5:40 PM >