Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 18 Oct 2000 12:00:27 -0700
From:         Craig Spaeth <spaeth@GORGE.NET>
Subject:      Value of complete engine?

Can you guys give me an approximate value on a complete 2.1 engine from a 1986 Syncro. It runs well and has newer heads but is low on power due to low compression on the #3 cylinder. It would include all fuel injection and everything? My sister has this 86 Syncro that they had to pull the tranny on to put into their new syncro. She is left with the shell with motor and a freshly rebuilt front end. Her mechanic said he would do the tranny swap in trade for the motor. I believe this job is only worth about $250. Seems like the motor and or van would be worth way more than that. I would really like a quick reply as they are having the work done now. thanks in advance Craig the Gorge VW club