Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 15 Oct 2000 17:06:24 -0400
From:         "Karl F. Bloss" <bloss@ENTER.NET>
Subject:      Busses by the Trail Report

I'm not sure I'm even qualified to a report since Kristina, baby Julia and I only made quick visits to the event. :-) Nonetheless...

Just a quick note of thanks to all who came out. The weather gods smiled upon us for a third year in a row and we had 60-70F temperatures during the day and sunshine.

About 25-30 Splitties, Baywindow Busses, Vanagons, and Eurovans attended the event. We even had one Corvair Greenbrier, which often come to Westies in the Woods in May.

Saturday's caravan had a smaller number of vehicles than last year (14, including Emil's Vanagon Adventurewagen, which showed up part way through the caravan and was _great_ for the caravan rear since I could see his high-top from the front), but more people seemed to pile into each vehicle. This made for great camaraderie along the way. Once again, we swamped the County Line Farm stand with vehicles, and took up most of the Clover Hill Vineyards for our picnic. The caravan made a quick stop at the Kutztown Weis Markets (Todd sez: "Is the caravan going to pick up the dry cleaning next?") and then wound up back at the campground.

A hike took place at the same time as the caravan and those folks reported having a great time as well. Apparently, there were lots of people hiking because of the awsome weather.

I'll have to let someone else report about the potluck supper and awards ceremony run by Julie and Jason Yasment since I had to take off.

I hope to get some digital pictures e-mailed to me (hint, hint) for the web page since I took mostly video footage.

Despite a small spat with the campground management surrounding a load of firewood (ultimately resolved at no charge to us), it appeared that most people had a good time (I can't speak for all, of course). We had quite a few people that were new to the VW bus and van scene and they really seemed to light up and get into it. We hope to see some of them on the mailing list for future events. Also, since this probably wraps up the camping season in the Northeast, maybe we'll see a few new faces at the breakfasts.

Having said that, there was talk of a campout around October in Delaware. Emmett or others, perhaps you can elaborate.

Since I am unsure where the next few months will take us in light of hopefully wrapping up my university work and getting a job, this may be the last Busses by the Trail. However, rest assured that if we are in the area, we'll have it again. Who knows, the AT is long...we'll just have it wherever we live next. Of course, if someone else wants to host it, that will work as well.

Regards,

-Karl

Karl & Kristina Bloss, Trexlertown, PA '00 Wannabusser "Julia" '87 Weekender "Bev" - 201K Miles '85 Westy Camper "Fred" - 39K Miles http://www.enter.net/~bloss/vw - vanagon@makarov.com VW Shop List: http://www.enter.net/~bloss/vw/vwshops PA/NJ/DE/MD area VW bus "group" http://www.enter.net/~bloss/vw/pavanagon LINUX - for IQs higher than 98