Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 19 Oct 2000 14:29:08 -0400
From:         Jeff Palmer <jpalmer@MB.SYMPATICO.CA>
Subject:      Re: Sleeping bag purchase advice wanted

Hi Wendy (and everyone else),

I found one with almost exactly the criteria you're looking for. The brand is Woods, it's Canadian but I'm sure they sell it down south because I got it at Walmart. It's not weighted in pounds, because it's some Thinsulate i think, and there's one rated for about freezing. It is machine washable, nylon outside cotton in, and square (which was important for me, i hate tapered bags). No mummy style head part, it's rectangular. I think the brand is called Liteloft or something. Check out their website at www.woods.ca.

The only other thing I would mention as that these bags didn't seem as warm to me as the regular 'pound' type of rating, so you might want to get one a little bit warmer just in case.

Jeff 85 Westy Winnipeg Canada