Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 15 Oct 2000 18:35:04 -0600
From:         John Klun <jklun@GJ.NET>
Subject:      Thank you all!

I've only been a member of this list for about a month and already I have learned an awful lot!

I, I mean we- my wife and I, of course, are the proud owners of a 1984 GL. Our mechanic (Grand Mesa Imports, Delta, CO) rebuilt the engine (it's a 1.9l) completely and even gave me a 6 month warranty! In addition, he went through the entire van and repaired or replaced anything that needed it.

I have to thank the list for keeping us all informed as to what to look for when owning a wasserboxer. When Bob (our mechanic) drove it and I happened to follow him in, I opened the engine compartment and looked around. I also heard a slight hissing sound and found it was coming from the overflow tank. I couldn't tell exactly where so I asked Bob to check it out. It was a hairline crack, right at the top of the tank next to the sensor? connection. It was one of those that could be missed easily and I only heard it because it was dead quiet at the time. Bob immediately found the crack and said he'd replace the tank by Tuesday after ordering a new one (no cost to me, by the way).

So thank you all, you've kept me from having a problem down the road! I really appreciate it!

86 Jetta GL 274,000+ (speedo broke at 273,460) 84 GL 178,090 and set to start a new life.