Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 15 Oct 2000 11:07:52 -0400
From:         jhlauterbach <jhlauterbach@MSN.COM>
Subject:      Re: LEAK
Comments: To: LSheeley@AOL.COM

My '84 has an unknown history prior to when I purchased it 5/97. I have always used premium fuel and someone in the past put the heads on using an orange-colored sealant. A VW tech told me that organ-colored sealant was silicone-based and was the cause (at that time) for engine running hot. Fortunately, I did not believe him as hot temps were from a dirty radiator.

John Lauterbach Macon, GA '84 DL

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lynn Sheeley" <LSheeley@AOL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, October 11, 2000 9:55 AM Subject: LEAK