Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2000, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Mon, 23 Oct 2000 08:54:14 -0700
From:   mike miller <mwmiller@CWNET.COM>
Subject:   warning buzzer question
Comments:   To: PSavage <psavage@SABER.NET>

Dear List,

While coming home from Phaedra's tail gate party my passenger was rummaging around in the stuff packed between the front seats of my '85 Westy. We were doing about 10 mph after having driven for about 1/2 mile so the van wasn't even warm.

A loud, VERY loud, warning buzzer went off. I pulled into a nearby parking lot [OK I pulled over a curb, I was a little upset], and quickly turned off the ignition. The buzzer continued. I took the keys out. Still buzzing. I put the keys back in and turn the ignition to ON without starting the engine in the hopes of resetting something. Still buzzing. I restarted the engine. Still buzzing.

It quit buzzing. It had been buzzing for about 6 years by this time. Well, actually 2 minutes, I know this for a fact, you'll see why later.

The water temp was just coming off the peg, I checked the oil, actually rechecked because I had checked it before I started up the first time 1/2 mile before. Checked the water level, again. Nothing.

What could it be thought I? Seat belt unbuckled. Headlights on 'High'. Door ajar. Bad breath. The heartbreak of psoriasis.

Here's the question: When I got home and was unpacking stuff to put away I accidentally hit the on button on my Vibrasonic electric toothbrush. Did anyone else realize how much an electric toothbrush sounds like a warning buzzer?

Mike

Phaedra's get together probably caused this whole thing, it's her fault. I can say that now that we're a couple of hundred miles apart.