Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2000, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 22 Oct 2000 11:28:19 -0500
From:         Marshall Ruskin <mruskin@PANGEA.CA>
Subject:      Re: Vented Plat Cat Heater
Comments: To: James Creech <jacreech@VISUALLINK.COM>

Here's my two bits:

The plat Cat heater is (Rather, was..) the only heater on the market that was near-ideal for us Westy owners.

It is safe to use, as it vents it's combustion products.

It uses very little current, so it is compatible with single battery vehicles - like a normal Vanagon.

It does not burn with a flame, so it is not a serious fire hazard

It uses fuel that is readily available

It produces the right amount of heat for our needs

Further info can be found at:

http://www.tiu.net/~des/vw/garth/index.html

While there - check out the home-made hot water system - it's ingenious!

Marshall Ruskin 84 Westy

-----Original Message----- From: James Creech <jacreech@VISUALLINK.COM> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Date: Sunday, October 22, 2000 6:41 AM Subject: Re: Vented Plat Cat Heater