Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2000, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 25 Oct 2000 10:41:16 -0700
From:         Richard Golen <rgolen@UMASSD.EDU>
Subject:      Great Weather for Cape Clam Sacrifice Camp Out

Hi All from Clam Country!

Some last (hopefully) info on the Pagan Clam Sacrifice and Camp Out scheduled for this weekend. As of today there are about 14 people attending.

First, the weather.......there was a potential threat from a coastal storm, but due to an earlier sacrifice of lobsters to the weather gods, the storm will be blowing out to the east and cape weather is predicted to be partly cloudy, with highs in the mid 60s during the day and lows in the low 40s at night. So if you've been sitting on the fence because of the weather...you no longer have an excuse not to come.

Which brings up the VERY IMPORTANT: They are working on the Bourne Bridge, not that you have to go OVER it but it is backing up traffic on RT 25/495 for miles on Friday and Saturday so my suggestion to anyone coming from that direction, including RI, New Bedford, Boston, NH (other than coming down RT 3) is to go off the exit that says Route 58 Wareham or Carver. Follow Route 58 towards Wareham/Cape Cod then take a left onto Route 28 which Parallels Route I-495 (which seamlessly becomes RT 25you will avoid the back up and you will go right through Buzzards Bay Center (don't blink), around the rotary and straight out to the campground on the other side of the rotary under the bridge.

Next, the Pagan Clam Sacrifice ..... this will be held approx. 5:30 pm on Saturday nite. I will be taking RSVPs on Friday night and on early Saturday morning, or via email. The cost of the clam sacrifice will be approximately $8 to $10 per person. I'd like the money up-front so I can pick up the clams on Saturday morning so I can give them a "ceremonial sand cleansing" before the sacrifice. The clam sacrifice will consist of 1/2 quart of clams, one potatoe, one onion, two hot dogs and two sausages and a half link of chourico per person, as well as dipping butter and broth.

For those who haven't made up their minds....these clams are dying to meet you. Call the Bourne Scenic Campground at (508) 759-7873 to make your reservations. Mention you are camping with the Volkswagen group so you can have a spot near the sacrificial stove.

Ric

[text/html]