Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2000, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 22 Oct 2000 10:32:21 -0700
From:         Bill Davidson <wdavidson@THEGRID.NET>
Subject:      Re: twice the cold beer!
Comments: To: vanagon@volkswagen.org

> Isn't multiple bottles or cans of a fizzy wheat / barley / hops / malt > beverage still beer... just like many of them there woolly things are still > sheep? Or is this just a Canadian thing?

I'm either slow this morning or it is indeed a Canadian thing because I don't have a clue as to what you are trying to say...

In Canada we consider the Westie > fridge is too small to carry beer - that's why they invented Coleman > coolers - you can easily stuff 24 or so cans of beer in there along with > some ice and they'll stay cold for days!

Now that is definately a Canadian thing... or at least a cool climate thing... where I camp in the desert the ice only lasts about two days in the heat where as the Dometic will last over two weeks on propane... and being that I do primative camps for a week or two at a time in the desert the ice chest just doesn't cut it.

Good choice on the cans though, > much more environmentally friendly -

Good point.. but really I just used cans of beer as an example that would attract attention... cans or jars of anything will stack better and you will be able to carry more in the fridge with the door shelf straps that I fabricated...

Bill