Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2000, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 26 Oct 2000 06:35:30 -0500
From:         Darrell Boehler <midwesty@MIDWEST.NET>
Subject:      Re: 87 vanagon fuel-air problem
Comments: To: "Brunton, Bruce Gene" <bruntobg@JMU.EDU>

Hi Bruce, Your problem is probably the temperature 2 sensor or the o2 sensor. In your case I would lean toward the o2 sensor. (because you say the problem corrects it's self if you turn the engine off and back on.) The temp 2 sensor is on the thermostat housing on the front left side of the engine. Check wire connections there. The o2 sensor is screwed into the cat. As a test unplug the single wire going to the o2 sensor this will force the fuel injection system into open loop and it will ignore the o2 sensor input using only the temp 2, afm (air flow meter) and hall signals to generate proper fuel mixture. The engine should run near normal in open loop. Good luck with your quest and get bach if one of these don't fix your problem. There are many things that can cause your anomaly. The archives at vanagon.com should enlighten you with all the info you need. Darrell

----- Original Message ----- From: "Brunton, Bruce Gene" <bruntobg@JMU.EDU> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, October 25, 2000 10:21 PM Subject: 87 vanagon fuel-air problem