Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2000, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 26 Oct 2000 09:17:23 +0000
From:         Mark Keller <kelphoto@ISLANDNET.COM>
Subject:      WTB Left Rear Bumper end late model Fiberglass style.

Greetings Listees,

My 91 Carat suffered a collision with a city bus!. The miracle is that it just grazed my parked vanagon, so a little more contact and it would have been a major hit. The speed was just parking lot stuff, but mass and momentum of a transit bus is sufficient even at walking speeds. The city and police seem to agree that I'm covered so I feel pretty good about getting it fixed.

The damage is a missing end cap, torn off tabs to the center section, and the lower quarter panel got flattened by the big rubber wheel molding the transit buses use.

I've used Corvette panel adhesive to repair this things when I rebuilt the van in 97, so I give it a go again.

sincerely,

Mark Keller 91 Carat "Lazarus"