Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2000, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 22 Oct 2000 20:32:25 -0500
From:         Rich Propsom <Rich@PROPSOM.NET>
Subject:      One Odometer intrument cluster solution

One possible solution

Experience this problem recently on an original speed cluster of a 1982. Speedo worked but odometer did not. I took off the speedometer cable from the unit and then unscrewed the speedometer from the case. whole thing slips right out. On the one side of the (left?) there is a vertical shaft with a worm gear on it that is driven by the speedo cable. This turns a horizontal shaft which moves the odometer. The small gear on the horizontal shaft had slipped over time and worked down the shaft until it no longer caught the worm gear. Pushed it back so it was centered and odometer and trip odometer both started working. Put a touch of super glue on shaft to resist it creeping again.

Hope your problem is a simple as this.

Rich

82 Westy