Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2000, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 22 Oct 2000 21:20:14 -0700
From:         Craig Spaeth <spaeth@GORGE.NET>
Subject:      86 Syncro Project for sale.

Well my sister finally decided that they are going to try to sell off their 86 Syncro (thanks to the input of a lot of you). Here is the basic run down. Before I forget the van is located 1hr. east of Portland OR. The van is metallic brown with big 4x4 stickers on the side. The body is in really good shape and the paint is actually pretty good too. It is just an ugly color (my opinion). The interior is not bad either. The engine starts great and runs smooth it is just down on power because of low compression on #3. Most likely no one is going to check out why. The heads are newer (last 30,000 or so). They bought a lower mileage Syncro and just need this one gone. They also pulled the rebuilt tranny out of the van. It does come with another Syncro tranny that would not go into fourth gear. It would be inside the van, Not Installed. It also has low miles on a rebuilt front end. They would be more flexible on price if they could keep the tires and front end. They are not very picky on this, mainly they would like it gone. I am thinking probably around $1000 for the whole package? Feel free to make offers. I am just doing this to help out my sis and am not making anything on the deal (I promise). If this is way to low or way to high let me know what you think. This is a nice driving van (I have borrowed it many times) it would be nice to see it stay on the road. It does have 350,000 miles on it, but it has been well cared for. Hope this works for one of you, Craig the Gorge VW club 509.493.4294