Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2000, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 22 Oct 2000 22:23:45 -0700
From:         mike miller <mwmiller@CWNET.COM>
Subject:      tSF Bay Area tail gate party
Comments: To: Ron Bloomquist <roadcow@mcn.org>,
          BenTbtstr8@aol.com, PSavage <psavage@SABER.NET>

PSavage done good! The SF Bay Area Tail Gate Party started pretty neat and got better. I had to leave early [no, it wasn't because the law was in hot pursuit, they were after BenT] but there were 15 vans there at that time.

I saw the neatest engine substitution I've ever seen, a Subaru 2.2 swap. Looked like it was made for the place. Synchros, big wheels and tires [BenT again, maybe he 'borrowed' the alloys on his van], an automatic with power everything used as a surfer van. Very cool, I was jealous, not of the surfer stuff as I gave that up a year or two, or 40 ago but the power stuff. And more that I didn't get a chance to look at enough. Specially Steve's synchro westy, complete with kids. Way cool. Two of them had porta potties, both owned by women, hmmm. They said something about side of the road not being OK but it always worked for me. Maybe cause one was moving to LA and the other kites on down to Mexico every year [more on this later] Mine was the tackiest van there, a deliberate ploy. If we were attacked by the van banditos, mine would be the last to go.

I brought a kite and didn't have time to fly it, to busy telling lies...uh, creative VW stories, and forgot to give it to Phaedra to fly. Would have made a good line, 'Well, Phaedra, I've got to go. Here, you go fly a kite.' On the other hand she claimed to be an unarmed combat expert and I'm a coward.

Too bad it wasn't scheduled for next weekend when I supposedly have Saturday free, but then I was supposed to have this Saturday free.

Worked great Phaedra, thanks again. Tell me what happened after I left and make sure Ron posts the pictures.

Mike