Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2000, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 29 Oct 2000 23:20:14 -0700
From:         Craig Spaeth <spaeth@GORGE.NET>
Subject:      My Sisters Sold Syncro Soap Opera

So this turned into a nightmare. Some people called about the Syncro and we talked for a while. I told them there may be some room in the price but not a lot unless my sister (and husband) got to keep the front beam and tires. I then gave them my sisters number and told them to deal with them. Anyway they got a hold of my brother in law and said that they never saw the posting or did not know the asking price. He told them $500!? They of course immediately came out with a tow truck to get the van. I get a call from my sister asking what I posted it for and told her $1000 (thanks to a lot of input from you guys). She tried to explain that the $500 price was a mistake and they couldn't sell the van for that and the guy starts to go ballistic. So my sister does the right thing and lets them go ahead and buy it for the agreed upon price ($500). Anyway by mistake the bad tranny never got back in the van. The people who bought the van called the mechanic, not my sister or brother and law, and asked for the tranny. The mechanic luckily called my sister first. The odd thing here is if they did not know the posted price how did they know the bad tranny was included? Anyway my sister is not going to let the tranny go with the van at the $500 price. (If they didn't see the price, they didn't know about the tranny.) I guess the point of all of this rambling soap opera is there is a Syncro tranny one hour east of Portland OR that does not go into 4th gear. If this was one of you or you know who this was, I am sorry it got so messed up. I also think you got one hell of a deal even without out the tranny. I don't really blame any one person just the result of a lot of mis-communication really screwing things up. By the way $200 for the tranny, you figure out how to ship it. (Unless you want to ask for a big discount and then the price is $800, we will knock $600 off when you get here.) thanks for listening, Craig the Gorge VW club