Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2000, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 30 Oct 2000 09:23:19 -0500
From:         RHS Linux User <vanagon@TGOFF2.GSFC.NASA.GOV>
Subject:      Vredestein tires

When my van was 1 year old, I removed the original Continentals and installed these Vredestein snow tires. The Continentals were horrible in the wet and impossible in snow. I liked the Vredesteins well enough to keep them on the van until about a month age when the sidewall on the front left tire let go on an exit ramp due to dry rot. Not a dangerous situation - the tire started making noise, I slowed down, pulled off on the shoulder and exercized the jack (made by Bilstein I noticed) and original spare tire (still holding 15 PSI) for the first time. I replaced them with Michelin XVT. I rate the Vredesteins as better in the wet than the Michelins. Haven't found out about snow conditions yet. If I remember right, the load rating on the Vredesteins is about 200 pounds less than the Michelins - so check it out. Otherwise, I recommended them!!

Tom Goff - 1984 full Westy - original ower, 88K miles - Highland, MD