Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2000, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 30 Oct 2000 17:34:50 EST
From:         Sylvain B <sylvain1960@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      HELP!!! Changing coolant pipes under a diesel westy...

I am presently changing the two coolant pipes under my diesel westy. I will also change other metal pipes near rthe engine and radiator that are also rotten by rust.

I would REALLY appreciate some advices: After removing all visible brackets and joints from the two metal pipes, they are still stuck there. I can not remove them. Is there a bracket over the fuel tank that still holds them? Do i need to remove the fuel tank? Any advices with the tank removal? Can i replace the pipes with similar diameter copper plumbing pipes? If i do so, i will not have the "bulge" at the end of the copper pipes to permit a better seal. Can just putting 2 coller at each joints be ok? Instead of copper pipes, could i just put flexible rubber pipes? It would be more easy to install. But i was thinking that there could be problems with expansion and loss of pressure with such lengt of flexible pipes. Is there a kind of flexible pipes i could use that would not expand?

Thanks in advance…

Sylvain Bélanger Montreal, Quebec 1982 1.6l TD