Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2000, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 31 Oct 2000 20:17:26 -0500
From:         Joe Romas <jromas@COLUMBUS.RR.COM>
Subject:      Re: O2 Sensors need grounding? (was STILL BUCKING & KICKING!!!)
Comments: To: David Beierl <dbeierl@ATTGLOBAL.NET>

While trouble shooting mine I got so desperate I put a booster cable on it and grounded it to the grounding point on the left head. Turned out to be the AFM. To test it, meter between pins 15 & 19 of ecm plug, look for smooth rise in resistance as you move the wiper thing from rest to full open. Don't push the arm, use the finger on the opposite side. You might see it jump wildly at a certain point and then settle back down. That's your bucking. My 84 started at about 500 ohms at rest. I cleaned mine 3 times before I checked it this way and then cleaned it real good, now it runs perfectly.

Joe

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Beierl" <dbeierl@ATTGLOBAL.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Monday, August 14, 2000 5:55 AM Subject: Re: O2 Sensors need grounding? (was STILL BUCKING & KICKING!!!)