Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2000, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 31 Oct 2000 22:22:56 -0500
From:         JonR <jonr@EMPIRE.NET>
Subject:      Fuse panel question

I just bought an '83.5 Westy that has had some extras added to it...

Kill switch for fuel pump, etc., etc....

One thing I found looks very stock, but I can't find a reference to it.

inside the driver's door, on the back jamb is a small two fuse panel (both red fuses)

This runs down into the cabinet under the sink. After that I lose it going aft...

My sink pump does not seem to be working (turning the knob does nothing). The two fuses in this little panel were fairly corroded so I replaced them and cleaned up the other connections. Pump and switch still not working...

Are the two related...?

If not, what could these fuses run...

Fridge works under 120V and seems to work on 12V (altho Very slow to cool). Haven't been able to start it on propane, but haven't had time to really go thru all the tricks yet. Stove seems to work okay. Light above stove works fine.

Another question... I'd like to install a 12V socket on the little tray above the stove... Is there any reason that I wouldn't want to tap into the hot side of the wiring to the "above the stove" light. I'll be using the 12V socket to run a 18" fluorescent trouble light on a 8' coiled cord. This has two S-hooks that let it hang nicely from the pop-top bracketry... Lights up the whole interior with a softer light than the stove fixture.

After many years with Split and Bay Westies, The Vanagon is like having a $50K Class A motorhome...!

TIA

JonR