Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2000, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 29 Oct 2000 09:56:32 -0700
From:         Karl Wolz <wolzphoto@WORLDNET.ATT.NET>
Subject:      Re: last questions on 84 Vanagon
Comments: To: Jonathan Lee <jrlee@MAILANDNEWS.COM>

To all on the list - What is the name of the mechanic who used to contribute quite a bit for the SF area? San Anselmo? Seems his name was Cory or something along those lines. Seemed quite knowledgeable and personable.

Jon,

If I say you have a 98% chance of not having problems and it blows up on you, will you be angry with me?

If I say you have a 98% chance of not having problems without having seen it myself, will you consider me an idiot?

All that aside, if it runs well on an extended test ride (say 30 miles), it'll most likely go the distance for you.

Should you find something else you like, you should be able to get more than you paid for it in your part of the world. The Syncros command a. That price is not out of line (not much anyway). Assuming your van is pretty straight, with no or minimal rust and the interior is all there, you are getting a good price.

There's a mechanic in your general area that I noted above. If you can, have him take a look at it. I think he's in San Anselmo, but I could be wrong about that.

Good luck,

Karl Wolz

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jonathan Lee" <jrlee@MAILANDNEWS.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sunday, October 29, 2000 4:08 AM Subject: last questions on 84 Vanagon