Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 2 Nov 2000 18:16:34 +0900
From:         Yoshi <dolphin@MARS.NETSPACE.OR.JP>
Subject:      Thanks! Re: Vanagon Nippon Members Club (ML)

At 4:32am t wrote: > Yoshi, > Well! I am impressed. The thought of seeing all those interesting > conversions is the worth the price of the admissions ticket! > Where in Japan was this campout held? tim

I held this camping with Mt-Fuji(east side). (Named Susono). "1 Westy-owner Ikeda" shares this camping ground with 10 people. The farmer of this zone grows grass. But, demand for the grass gets cold now. Because, Japanese economy is the bottom of the sea. Many golf course plans are held over. Therefore, much agricultural land of this zone was changed to the camping ground... Should I be glad at this? Should I feel sorry? Ticket? yeah.. about USD$25.00-day! Okay? ----------------------------------------------------- At 8:11 am -0500 00.10.31, Doug Alcock wrote: > Hi Yoshi, > One questions though in all those pictures not a single Westy had > its pop-top up. Any resaon for this??? Cheers, Doug Alcock

Doug, Thanks nice mail to me. So sorry.. I can't translate your above question precisely.. ----------------------------------------------------- At 8:32 am -0500 00.10.31, Michael Townsend wrote: > Wow, > That was an impressive group of Vanagons! Thanks for the pictures, Yoshi! > http://members.aol.com/vnmcweb/RainydayMeeting.html > I noticed the older brown one and the T4 had the sliding door on the van's > left, so I would assume that they are RHD (right hand drive) vehicles like > most in Japan are. However, many of the Vanagons had the sliding door on > the right, like you see in Europe and North America. Do they have the > driver on the left? Thanks, Michael

Hi Michael, Your welcome.. Yes, The T4 which you found was imported from UK. Therefore, sliding-door was the left. Name is Vila. Of course steering is the right. But, all other Westys came from US Canada to Japan. Therefore, steering is the left. One-off Turbo came from Canada. Seattle's list may know this 87WestySyncro. "HKS-Turbo" was mounted in Japan this year. Then, Turbo pressure is being adjusted now. I found only one exception. It was Oettinger Carat. Oettinger was the "left steering" and "left sliding-door". Funny.... Okay? ********************* I received many list's mail. Thank you for the interest to VNMC-camp out. I replied toward the article that was contributed to list.

Yosh