Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 2 Nov 2000 13:01:00 -0700
From:         Larry Hamm <ldhamm@XMISSION.COM>
Subject:      Re: Nit Picking In the Parallel Universe
Comments: To: PSavage <psavage@SABER.NET>

PSavage wrote:

> Give it up, Bill-- > Larry Hamm obviously inhabits a different strata > of the parallel universe. Leave him to it! > I doub't you're likely to find yourself camped > near him, anyway. Besides, anyone these days who > looks to "industry experts" to advise them re appropriate technology is > probably still driving > around with Firstone Tires! > You can't outpick a nit picker.

Phaedra, I was simply exploring the possible use of solar (photovoltaic) in my Westy. I found no compelling reason to do so. There are instances where I might consider it, but my camping style does not support it at this time. I do not spend many days in one place, using a lot of electricity. If I did, I certainly would want to do it in the most efficient manner possible, which I thought was the point of the exercise. If you find such a discussion to be nitpicking, then I am sorry. As far as industry experts go, they tend to have more hard information about the subject at hand, which makes it easier to make an informed decision. I guess the cutting edge Californians all changed their Firestone tires long before the publicity? Larry