Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 2 Nov 2000 19:35:43 EST
From:         Steve Jevne <Ssjevne@AOL.COM>
Subject:      IT'S ALIVE!!!

I guess that I should be happy that it finally started. I am going to hold off my happiness until I am on the road to Montana. I guess I shouldn't say happiness, but overjoyment. That would be too exhausting. You see, in my past experiences with my beloved vanagon I have gotten too ahead of myself emotionally because of good results. I reccon this is because probably once out of ten times I get a good result. I don't really know what I am getting to here. I guess that I just need someone to talk to. Oh and thank you all for helping me to start my vehicle. Some day I hope to be able to give sound car advise. I am just going to stick to figuring out my vanagon right now. These things take time. Will someone or two tell me some things about exhaust systems and catylitic converters. I don't feel at all comfortable driving a pollution mobile. But until other sources of energy are brought to us by aliens, I am going to stick to my vanagon. Right now I am without an exhaust system. I am going back and forth between one that can take a catylitic converter and one that can't. The one that can't is much cheaper ($ real important). Are catylitic converter's essential? Also I do not have an EGR valve or filter anymore. This mechanic I brought my van to a while back said that he remapped the air flow sensors. What the heck does that mean? Is it just a way to charge me 85 more dollars on my bill? Lovin' the list, Steve 80 vanagon