Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 2 Nov 2000 20:01:19 -0600
From:         All of Us <weber@OWC.NET>
Subject:      Re: torque wheels?
Comments: To: Pfunky@AOL.COM

I was wondering about torque specs for the lugs/bolts myself. Bentley shows (40.7) that the front blots should be tightened to 133 ft/lb and for the rear lugs (42.2) the torque is also 133 ft/lb. However, in section 46.6 it gives the rear lug spec as 123 ft/lb. Anybody know why?

Are there special torque specs for the alloy wheels?

Dan Weber 87 GL Weekender - Miss Blue

----- Original Message ----- From: Patrick Foltz <Pfunky@AOL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, November 02, 2000 7:25 PM Subject: Re: torque wheels?