Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 2 Nov 2000 17:48:11 -0800
From:         Don Preston <donpre@MICROSOFT.COM>
Subject:      Re: converting roof of 85 Vanagon GL to Westfalia Pop Top
Comments: To: james pound <jamespound@HOTMAIL.COM>

I'm also getting ready to convert "Betsy" to a full Westy. I'd be interested in any advice you all have to offer.

Thanks,

Don

This is my first VW Van and My firs trequest to the listserve, so please bear with me if I am asking basic or stupid questions, I have much to learn.

I have recently purchased an 85 Vanagon GL and am in the process of making some modifications. One of which is turning the roof into one of the camper tops that I believe comes with a hammock (am I wrong here?).

I anyone has any info on

1. How much this should cost 2. Where a good place is to go in the Vancouver, BC area to have this kind of conversion done 3. If such a conversion is a good/bad idea

I would appreciate it.