Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 3 Nov 2000 12:19:24 -0500
From:         James Creech <jacreech@VISUALLINK.COM>
Subject:      Horrid Econolines Masquerading as Real Vanagons!
Comments: To: CTONLINE@WEBTV.NET

> Kinda looks like an Econoline to me!

It has been humorous to me to see the appalled reactions of some of you to the audacity, the sheer gall, of someone modifying an Econoline and sending out its photo online with the risk of masquerading as something more aesthetically and mechanically pleasing like the ever-beloved Vanagon.

I must confess I own a 99 Econoline 15-passenger. But, hey, I also own a wife and 7 children. Try stuffing them all in a Vanagon (well, 5 of them then), or into a Plymouth minivan as we did for many years too long. The Econoline is not that bad, though certainly uninspiring. And it keeps the family peace especially on long trips.

On the other hand, given the choice between the newish Ford, the old Plymouth, and an even older Corolla (all duds to be sure), when I am alone or with only a few of my horde, it is the Vanagon all the way!!!

By the way (sermon coming), this is National Adoption Month. Go for it! Might be the most rewarding thing you've ever done, even including climbing under the Vanagon to get a faceful of grease. A great opportunity to be a blessing and also raise a larger generation who have been exposed to the joys and wonders of Vanagonism.

Jim Creech 87 Westy GL 78k 99 Econoline 350 46k 91 Grand Voyager 172k 83 Corolla 142k 7 kids various mileage