Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 4 Nov 2000 00:15:54 -0500
From:         David Beierl <dbeierl@ATTGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Re: 2nd stock propane tank
Comments: To: Jim Arnott <jrasite@EONI.COM>
Comments: cc: Bill Davidson <wdavidson@thegrid.net>

All appliances meant to run from disposable cylinders run at straight tank pressure. All you need to run them from the Westy tank is a tap *before* the regulator and the proper high-pressure hoses and fittings. There is a device called "Extend-a-Stay" which is intended to allow you to draw high-pressure gas from a BBQ tank to supplement the RV tank supply -- that or something like it could also be used to get gas from the RV tank. But it will add another couple of inches between the POL valve and the regulator...

david

At 23:24 11/3/2000, Jim Arnott wrote: >I don't see why not... The stock regulator s/b set up for 11" of >water pressure. That seems to be typical. (Al least for both my >Hydro-flame furnace and my Charbroil BBQ.) Don't know what the >disposable cylinders are at, but I would assume something close seeing >as Coleman sells all those accessories to run their propane powered >appliances off the large cylinders. > >Jim Arnott >WetWesties >Union, OR > >Bill Davidson wrote: > > > > So I'll ask my question again (it was buried in a post this morning): > > > > Can a stock propane tank be made to work in place of the 20 lb propane tank > > that is mentioned in the Buddy heater set up? > > > > Thanks, > > Bill

David Beierl - Providence, RI http://pws.prserv.net/synergy/Vanagon/ '84 Westy "Dutiful Passage" '85 GL "Poor Relation"