Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 4 Nov 2000 13:26:44 -0500
From:         "pierre a. lachance" <palachance@CCAPCABLE.COM>
Subject:      Re: refilling disposable propane cylinders
Comments: To: Ron Bloomquist <roadcow@MCN.ORG>

> Hi volks, things change and some others do not!

back in the 60ies, (I guess some of us are old), i bought a primus "set" made in sweden: heater, lamp and range...they came with 2¾pound cylinders. After several fillings I got tired of paying and bought myself an adapter to a 10 or 20 pounders and also adapter to refill. the 2¾ had a valve to get the air and gas out and everything came out a fraction of the price..yes, watch for your fingers: cold... now, I read that some of you are refilling one pounders, non refillables? but, are there one pounder refillables? the heater that I still have (primus) looks very much as Mr heater ...did somebody buy one of these at ace for 99.$ I saw then for 49.$ on northerntool.com? anyway(s), I have used the primus for more than 30 years, but never for a long period of time in the van or tent, and with a window opened! good sleeping bags can save your life? but I am ready to try to refill again the one pouders! live dangerously! pierre a. lachance lac beauport, quebec weekender 85 zephyr le sharo 85 winnie the bear (lack of imagination) n. beetle 00 baby blue (powder) beetle 74 (dying) www.geocities.com/lachancepa/