Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 5 Nov 2000 16:00:20 -0600
From:         Darrell Boehler <midwesty@MIDWEST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Off idle Syndrome
Comments: To: CTONLINE@WEBTV.NET

Hi Terry, Listee Kay Fremgen had your exact problem he had changed every thing. He dropped by for a few days and we started swapping every thing again. It was a bad afm (air flow meter). He had swapped it before but some other problem developed and he had never given the new afm a thorough test. His would fail in closed loop only. If he pulled the o2 sensor wire to the ecu and forced open loop it ran fine. Like you it only failed just off idle. It had a cracked circuit board wiper surface inside the afm. Darrell

Ps. Kay and his friend Valeria are traveling in South America at the present time.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Terry Kay" <CTONLINE@WEBTV.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sunday, November 05, 2000 3:14 PM Subject: Off idle Syndrome