Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 6 Nov 2000 07:15:22 -0600
From:         Darrell Boehler <midwesty@MIDWEST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Odd Buck
Comments: To: Mike Finkbiner <mike_l_f@HOTMAIL.COM>

Hi Mike, A few years ago a few of us found that the ecu black cover was shorting out to the westy rear seat hinge bolt. Problems seemed to develop on rough roads or during turns to the right. Removing some metal where the cover can touch the bolt, or other wise insulating the cover from the bolt solved this problem. Also try giving the ecu a rap or 2 with a screwdriver. If the ecu has bad solder connections that will usually cause your problem to develop the engine will usually stutter and continue on. The triumph adler ecu can develop bad solder connection on the processor chip that cause your symptom. Darrell

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Finkbiner" <mike_l_f@HOTMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sunday, November 05, 2000 9:44 PM Subject: Odd Buck