Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 1 Nov 2000 11:23:00 -0800
From:         Bill Davidson <wdavidson@THEGRID.NET>
Subject:      Re: Solar Power your VW
Comments: To: Doug Alcock <dgalcock@HEWITT.COM>

I read the information at the link below and it looks like a great system... won't be cheep though... also, I make the decision to make wire my solar panel on an extension cord... on the roof is problematic with a pop top.... when up the top may be facing away from the sun... I try to park my van so that the back of the fridge is facing north... keeps it cooler... that puts the top facing west when the it is up... only afternoon sun for a panel up there.... also with a solar panel on an extension cord you can park the van in the shade and put the solar panel in the sun :)

Bill

----- Original Message ----- From: "Doug Alcock" <dgalcock@HEWITT.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, November 01, 2000 10:52 AM Subject: Re: Solar Power your VW