Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 9 Nov 2000 15:24:35 CST
From:         K G <ppg1@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Winter Storage

Hi, I'm in MN too, and my van is all tucked away for the winter already. I have stored it every winter since I have owned it, about 5 years. What I usually do is change oil and filter, check coolant temperature(for how cold it can handle), and then give it a good wash and wax inside and out. Then I park it outside at my parents house, sometimes on concrete and sometimes in the back yard. I always make sure that it is blocked in on all sides, then the snow and stuff can't get to it. By blocked in I mean with garage to the back, and a big trailer or fish house on each side. My van does not have any rust on it and I have always stored it this way. When the snow is gone and spring comes, I change oil and filter again, wash and wax again, and make any necessary repairs from my list I made when I stored the van in the fall. This spring Bessie's due for new exhaust, a coolant and brakeline flush, cv joints, and new shocks. Thats what I do every year.I make a list when I put the van away so I remember what I would like to fix up for next summer. Later, Kim