Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 9 Nov 2000 16:08:36 -0800
From:         Ron Bloomquist <roadcow@MCN.ORG>
Subject:      Re: On the Indelicacies of Porta Potties

Well Sh*t, I might as well jump in.

I hate to haul it around with me so....

I have an army shovel and roll of TP and, if it is dark, a flashlight. I tend to camp in places where this works just fine.

When in the desert I just wander off behind some grease bush.

When in the Redwoods I just wander out behind some tick bush.

I dig a wee hole and do my number.

Note: I find it less messy to "leave" a sh*t than "take" a sh*t. <grin>

Anyway, I then light the TP after use, being careful not to burn down the desert or forest, and then cover it up with the dirt removed. Usually, if a rock is handy, I put it on top as a sort of monument to a moment well spent. When you are in the desert or forest and see a small rock sitting by itself. Think of me!

When at home I use my one holer.

BTW. When I am on a long grind down the Interstate I just take an off-ramp and wander out behind MacDonalds. Well, actually I GO inside MacDonalds and let them deal with it. I just leave the shovel and TP in the Vanagon. (Note Vanagon content.)

Works for me.

Are we back up to 100 e-mails per day yet?

Ron