Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 9 Nov 2000 18:45:57 -0800
From:         Bill Davidson <wdavidson@THEGRID.NET>
Subject:      Re: Halon & extinguishers in general
Comments: To: "Michael E. Pidcoe" <pidcoe@SPRINTMAIL.COM>

Halon is a brand name for the chemical Carbon Tetrachloride... The county water quality people nearly shut down my water well last year because we got just one reading of .6 (point six) parts per Billion

The county gave me some printed information on Carbon Tetrachloride: "Exposures to high levels of CCl4 can cause a number of harmful health effects, including death, in exposed people. The most immediate effects are usually on the brain. Common effects are headache and dizziness, along with nausea and vomiting. In severe cases, stupor or even coma can result. These effects usually disappear within a day or two after exposure, but permanent damage to nerve cells can occur in sever cases." It goes on to talk about liver, kidney, and brain damage due to Carbon Tetracholoide... better known as Halon.

Bill Davidson

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael E. Pidcoe" <pidcoe@SPRINTMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, November 09, 2000 4:20 PM Subject: Re: Halon & extinguishers in general