Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 10 Nov 2000 09:13:58 -0500
From:         James Creech <jacreech@VISUALLINK.COM>
Subject:      temp II sensor

I've read much on the List and in Bentley about the temp. sensors. I'm finding in Bentley reference to 2, but can't find the phrase "temp II" - maybe I'm looking in the wrong place. Are we talking about the sensor mounted inside the AFM? (I have a picture of that). I assume we're not talking about the coolant temp. sensor. Can someone please steer me here, I have reason to think mine may be faulty.

Also, on another note: My air filter housing does not have a hose from the top center out to the carbon filter, but is capped off with a rubber piece. Is it supposed to be that way because my vanagon was not subject to stricter emissions stds (e.g. CA)? Or did someone jerry-rig this and I need to reconnect it? Not even sure yet if I have the carbon filter. Please pardon what is prob. a stupid question!

Thanks! Jim Creech 87 Westy GL, 2.1