Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 10 Nov 2000 14:04:20 -0500
From:         Karl Mullendore <thewestyman@MINDSPRING.COM>
Subject:      Re: unknown Westy secrets

----- Original Message ----- > > Thanks, you found a few I didn't know about, but did you know about these? > > If you reach all 49 states, you get a bonus 200K, so you can make the trip > all over again on the same motor.

OH joy! Only Alaska yet to reach....

> If your odometer reaches 300K you enable the special chip and get an extra > 100hp.

Hmmmm....that didn't kick in, or is that miles and not kilometers?

> If you can get the Westy up to 120mph, the wings automatically unfold, so > twisting the turn signal switch isn't necessary.

Robert Lilley? can this really be?

> There's a switch on the bottom of the radiator that sets the engine for air > or water cooling. If you switch from water to air, you need to drain all of > your coolant, and then unbolt the cover plate for your air intake in the > engine compartment.

A customer tried that, didn't work too well, severely cooked the engine.....maybe he didn't open the 'air intake' soon enough.

> Also a little known fact is that there was a secret one-millionth Westy > delivered from the factory with a special gold stamped medallion on the > bottom of the rear heater core. Anyone who finds this, wins a lifetime > supply of Westies. The prize has never been claimed.

You can bet we will all be pulling out our heater cores to look! LOL!

Karl